Love Letters to Wellington

Love Letters to Wellington

Tuesday 8 October 2013

The perfect spot around the bays


Thirty days hath September, thirty things we remember … (#23 of 30)

During the summer I used to love going snorkeling with my dad and sister. We would check the tides and the weather before heading out around the bays in Wellington and picking the perfect spot to jump in. It was always hilarious when we went over deep water or water with lots of seaweed because my sister hated it and would panic a little bit. I even got to see a stingray up close when it swam under me. Driving around the bays was always one of my favourite parts of summer. (Sarah, Visitor Services Host)

Stay tuned for our daily stories throughout Wellington’s Heritage Month 2013 - where staff and volunteers share one of their favourite stories of the Wellington Region.

No comments:

Post a Comment