Love Letters to Wellington

Love Letters to Wellington

Thursday 24 October 2013

An old life and a new life here at home


When I was 8 I came to NZ with my family. Dad had got an international assignment with work and was transferred to Wellington. We were only meant to be here for 2 and a half years but other projects came along and we ended up staying for 8 years. When I was 15 we applied for citizenship and were successful in gaining NZ/Kiwi passports. I remember lots of special things about growing up in Belmont and Kelson. My brother and I cycled to school every day across the Kennedy Good Bridge and up the hill on the way home. Dad took us to many a cold rainy match at Athletic Park where our seats were generally on the roof! We came to see at least 2 Nissan Mobil 500's too. 19 years later, my wife and I have emigrated back to Wellington and started a new life in the place I call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment