Love Letters to Wellington

Love Letters to Wellington

Tuesday 24 September 2013

The 'Mechanical' Gardens


Thirty days hath September, thirty things we remember ... (#14 of 30)

I remember long car trips from New Plymouth every year to visit family in Wellington. My sister used to terrorise me when we were driving along the stretch of highway before Pukerua Bay - telling me that cars regularly got washed off the road by the waves. Once we were here - my favourite things to do were collecting seafood and having BBQ's at Makara beach, and playing at the playground in the 'Mechanical gardens'. It ook me years to figure out that that wasn't what they were really called ... (Karryn, Business Manager). 

Stay tuned for our daily memory posts throughout Wellington's Heritage Month 2013 - where staff and volunteers share one of their favourite stories of the Wellington Region.

No comments:

Post a Comment