Love Letters to Wellington

Love Letters to Wellington

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Hobbits on the red carpet


Thirty days hath September, thirty things we remember ... (#3 of 30)

I absolutely loved the Hobbit movie premiere last year. My sisters and I took the train into town, went to the Hobbit Artisan Market and then headed to the red carpet on Courtenay Place. We saw the Hobbit plane fly over the crowd and even saw some celebrities. The whole day was so much fun: being out in the sun, the buzz from the crowd waiting to see their favourite characters, Gandalf at Bilbo's door and being part of film (and Tolkein) history. I can't believe the second premiere won't be on our soil but I'm glad I made it to the first one. (Sarah, host at Museum of Wellington City & Sea).

Stay Tuned for our daily memory posts throughout Wellington's Heritage Month 2013 - where staff and volunteers share one of their favourite stories of the Wellington Region.

No comments:

Post a Comment