Love Letters to Wellington

Love Letters to Wellington

Friday 20 September 2013

Take the Possum Road!


Thirty days hath September, thirty things we remember ... (#12 of 30)

My Nana and Grandad used to live in Waikanae and my mum, dad, sister and I would drive up to visit them quite often. We would always drive over what my sister and I called the 'Possum Road'. What we actually meant was the Paekakariki Hill Road but we would always yell at my dad to 'take the Possum Road!' because we would see possums running over the road when we drove at night. It's been a while since we've driven over there as a family but I still call it the Possum Road. (Sarah, Visitor Services).

Stay tuned for our daily stories throughout Wellington's Heritage Month 2013 - where staff and volunteers share one of their favourite stories of the Wellington Region. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment